Friday, November 7, 2014

Week 11 - Journal Entry 1

On Tuesday, we reviewed each other's monologue books and critiqued some of them. I got good feedback that I've implemented into my spreads and will be recreating it again, paying closer attention to details that I've learned from practicing it before. Hopefully the next one that is handed in for grading will turn out much better.

I missed class today, but I'm fairly certain we've started to animate our spreads. I've created the sketches and have a fairly good idea of how I want my text to transition and move. I've never used Adobe Edge Animate before, but I have worked with Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects a little bit, so I have a small bit of understanding on motion paths. It'll be interesting to see how everything works out. It's great that HTML is involved in Edge Animate. I'm sure it'll be a useful program for me to learn, especially if I plan to do interactive-based web designs.
















Above are the spreads that I created and edited to include the minor alterations. I realized that I need to rearrange the columns in my colophon, because the type of paper is probably the least important of the four categories.


Above is another example I found of good typography. I don't think it's amazing but it's definitely not bad. From first glance, the words "Crumbs from the Table of Joy" catch my attention because of size, and then I'm lead to the second largest mass of text in the bottom-right, and lastly, towards the bottom-left. It's informative and legible. The designer's choice of making the type size of "from," "the," and "of" smaller to fit nicely within the other words works well, because it is still read in the correct order.

0 comments:

Post a Comment