Thursday, October 16, 2014

Week 8 - Journal Entry 2 - Monologue Idea

Today we finished our class presentations on typographers. We then took a group photo and pictures of individual students with their designs on. Afterwards, we covered more information and details about how to start the monologue project.

Originally, I selected two clips from Parks and Recreation which I wanted to use, and they are posted below. I've decided not to use them, because they resemble lists more than something that could tell a story.

Ron Swanson Video
I have to post this first clip via link rather than embedding the video, because it won't seem to show up in the search. It directs to YouTube, and the part I originally wanted to use is from 3:42 - 4:30. I was going to crop out certain parts to make it fit into 30 seconds, including only the part where the first shows the board and where he goes into listing parts of it.


The second clip is above, and I would clip the first few seconds and use mainly only where he lists off the food names.

I wanted to use both of them, because they're humorous, and Parks and Recreation is one of my favorite shows. After seeing Tim's video, I realized how much more impactful I could make the video by using a monologue that actually tells a story.



The video clip is from the Rocky Balboa movie released in 2006. The part I plan to use is from 1:51 - 2:22 so it would be a total of approximately 31 seconds, depending on how I clip it.

In text, the lines are read:
"You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you're hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! Now if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain't you! You're better than that!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment